Excalibur is one of the most iconic Warframes in the game. He is a combination of energy and swordsmanship, appearing as one of the first ninja-like Warframes in the game. He focuses on flashy speed as well as quick attacks and energy-based abilities to deal destruction and cause panic to enemies that come his way.
He may be one of the starting Warframes that you may choose from when first playing the game but later on, players may want to get him to test out, collect or to use in certain missions. By the time you may have already progressed through the game, the opportunity to obtain this iconic Warframe may already be available which is by doing the War mission on Mars.
The War mission is an assassination mission which requires you to assassinate Lieutenant Lech Kril. You and any allies that are with you must head over to Lech Kril’s location and defeat him. Successfully completing the mission will reward you with Excalibur components which may be used later to build Excalibur.
How to Get Excalibur?
The Excalibur Warframe can be obtained by defeating Lieutenant Lech Kril, who can be found in the “War” mission on Mars. Defeating Lieutenant Lech Kril will reward you with either one of the following rewards:
- Excalibur Neuroptics
- Excalibur Chassis
- Excalibur Systems
The Excalibur blueprint may be purchased from the orbiter for 35,000 Credits.
The following are the crafting requirements for Excalibur.
- Excalibur Neuroptics x 1
- Excalibur Chassis x 1
- Excalibur Systems x 1
- Orokin Cell x 1
- Credits x 25,000
- Alloy Plate x 150
- Neural Sensors x 1
- Polymer Bundle x 150
- Rubedo x 500
- Credits x 15,000
- Morphics x 1
- Ferrite x 1,000
- Rubedo x 300
- Credits x 15,000
- Control Module x 1
- Morphics x 1
- Salvage x 500
- Plastids x 220
- Credits x 15,000
The following is a list of resources needed to build Excalibur, their locations as well as our guides on where to farm them.
|Venus, Jupiter, Sedna, Ceres, Phobos, Pluto
|Neptune, Europa, Void
|Mercury, Earth, Neptune, Void
|Mercury, Mars, Europa, Pluto
|Jupiter, Kuva Fortress
|Saturn, Uranus, Phobos, Pluto, Eris
|Mercury, Venus, Uranus
|Phobos, Earth, Pluto, Europa, Sedna, Void
|Mars, Jupiter, Sedna
At the beginning of the mission you will need to follow a marker that will lead you to the area where the fight will take place. You will encounter Grineer enemies along the way and will continue to encounter them during the fight. Once you reach Lieutenant Lech Kril, a cutscene will play and he will appear on a platform.
There are two phases when facing Lieutenant Lech Kril, the first involves you attacking his armor, rather than his health. Lech Kril will attach you with his weapons (Gorgon for ranged and Brokk at melee) until you can disable him. In order to disable Lech Kril, you must shoot the weak spot located on his back which is glowing.
After you have attacked his weak spot, you will notice that one of the tubes on his back has been disconnected. A disconnected tube will cause Lech Kril to eventually disable himself by performing a grounded slam attack which will cause him to freeze up. Once he has been frozen, you may deal damage to his armor, destroying the tubes. This must be done four times to disengage his armor, making him vulnerable.
Phase two begins as the armor is disengaged and Lieutenant Lech Kril will visually change in appearance to red, signifying that damage may now be done straight to him. You will need to deplete his health once he is vulnerable which will kill him and end the fight. Lech Kril drops his items and extraction will be available afterwards.
Lieutenant Lech Kril is considered to be a great war hero by the Grineer for his past battles which he has come out victorious over in his time. He has been seen as a threat to many in the solar system and the only way to return stability would be to assassinate him.
He is greatly known for crushing his enemies with his hammer as well as being unpredictable in the battlefield, meaning his attacks may bear some strategy with them. He tends to face his enemies straightforward with his hammer as he attacks.
Lieutenant Lech Kril Stats
|Impact++, Cold++, Magnetic+++
|Puncture+, Cold +, Radiation +++
|Slash–, Electricity–, Magnetic–
|Slash+, Heat+, Viral+++
Lieutenant Lech Kril Abilities
- Ice Wave – sends out a wave of ice that damages enemies and has a chance to cause the cold status effect, slowing those caught in its wake.
- Fire Wave – sends out a wave of fire that damages enemies and has a chance to cause the heat status effect, setting them on fire to take damage over time.
- Fire Barrier – creates a sphere of flames that burns projectiles that attempt to penetrate its radius.
- There is a zipline above the area where you will fight Lieutenant Lech Krill which you may use to your advantage since you can easily target his weak spot without him being able to quickly face you. This makes it a good idea since targeting his weak spot may be harder as he will tend to fight you when you are alone.
- Most players would repeatedly attack Lieutenant Lech Kril once one of the tubes on his back has been detached but what must be done is that you must wait for him to freeze himself. This can simply be done by running near or around him until he attempts to attack you at melee range.
- Some abilities may affect Lieutenant Lech Kril’s ability to fight by slowing him down such as cold abilities from Frost or movement hindering abilities such as Valkyr’s War Cry.
- Status effects may continue to have an effect on Lieutenant Lech Kril even if his armor is still up, allowing the effects to occur once his armor has been taken out.
Lieutenant Lech Kril is one of the earlier bosses that you fight in the game. Players used to have a hard time fighting this boss due to the lack of knowledge about his mechanics. Back then the weak spot on his back would not glow and players tended to spammed all of their abilities and fired all of their weapons. Nowadays Kril is much easier to beat and more comfortable for new players.
Defeating the Lieutenant is no hard task as you simply need to stick to the mechanics of shooting his weak spot, waiting for him to freeze and dealing damage to him. Repeating these steps is all you need to know when defeating him. To get through to his health, you can follow the set weaknesses and use either Heat, Viral or Radiation as you please.
This is currently the only free way to obtain Excalibur aside from getting him as a starting Warframe.