Hades is a roguelite action role-playing game with 49 achievements. This guide will help you earn all of them. I have tried to make this guide as spoiler-free as possible, but due to the nature of some of the achievements it cannot be entirely spoiler free.
– Estimated achievement difficulty: 7/10
– Offline Achievements: 49 (All)
– Approximate amount of time to 100%: TBD
– Minimum number of playthroughs needed: TBD, but likely 100+
– Missable achievements: None
Hades has no missable achievements, so I would recommend completing a run without any specific goals in mind first. Once you’ve done that you can start aiming for certain achievements.
Since achievements have just been added with the 1.0 update this guide should be considered a work in progress.
- Clear Tartarus
- Successfully beating the first floor boss and leaving the room will earn you this achievement.
- Clear Asphodel
- Successfully beating the second floor boss and leaving the room will earn you this achievement.
- Clear Elysium
- Successfully beating the third floor boss and leaving the room will earn you this achievement.
Is There No Escape?
- Clear an escape attempt
- Beat the final boss.
The Family Secret
- Complete the main quest in the story
- Escape enough times until the credits roll. It should be around 10-12 times.
One for the Ages
- Reach the epilogue of the story
- After giving enough nectar to Persephone you will get the task/prophecy to contact every Olympian, meaning you have to get one boon of each god (excluding chaos) over the course of multiple playthroughs. I’m not sure whether boons from Charon or trails of gods are counting for this. You have to talk to Persephone after having contacted all the Olympians, then the cutscene rolls.
- Fulfill the ‘Chthonic Colleagues’ Prophecy
- To fulfill this prophecy you’ll need to speak with all of the characters beings listed in the “Cthonic Gods” section of the codex.
Full list below:
- Alecto – Boss only, you can’t find her in the house.
- Tisiphone – Boss only, you can’t find her in the house.
- Fully Unlock the Olympians’ Codex entries
- You can fill out an Olympian’s codex by accepting boons from them. You can check your progress for each code in their codex section.
- Pet Cerberus 10 times
- Pet Cerberus 10 times in the House of Hades. The achievement will not pop until you walk into your bedroom.
Urge to Sing
- Compel Orpheus to sing again
- Once you’ve freed Orpheus using the house contractor, you’ll have the option to give him nectar in future encounters. After you’ve given him a nectar there is a chance he will be singing after you’ve finished an escape attempt.
Something From Everyone
- Unlock each standard Keepsake
- You earn a keepsake for giving a nectar to each character. Give a nectar to every possible character and you’ll earn this achievement.
- Max-rank each standard Keepsake
- Give a nectar to every character you can, and you will receive a keepsake from them. Once you’ve unlocked a keepsake you can rank them up twice (to rank 3), by using them in enough rooms. Do this for all the keepsakes.
- Forge a bond with any character
- As you continue giving characters nectar, you will eventually be able to either give them ambrosia or be asked to do a favor for them. As you continue earning their favor you’ll eventually get a notification that you’ve forged a bond with them. You can track your favor progress in the codex.
- Equip a Chthonic Companion
- Once you’ve earned enough favor with one of six specific characters, they will give you a cthonic companion. You can then equip these companions in your keepsake box. The six characters are:
- Earn all Chthonic Companions
- Earn all of the cthonic companions mentioned in the rare collectible achievement above.
- Slay Skelly 15 times
- These kills are cumulative across all your play time.
- Unlock each of the Infernal Arms
- In the final chamber before starting a run you can purchase new Infernal Arms for keys. There are 6 weapons total.
A full list, including prices, is below:
- Stygius – Starting weapon
- Coronacht – 1 key
- Aegis – 3 keys
- Varatha – 4 keys
- Malphon – 8 keys
- Exagryph – 8 keys, and all other weapons must be unlocked first
Master of Arms
- Fulfill the ‘Master of Arms’ Prophecy
- You’ll need to beat the final boss with each of the six infernal arms to earn this achievement/prophecy.
- Max any Weapon Aspect
- Once you’ve beaten the game once you can start putting titan blood into your weapons to empower them. Maxing an “Aspect of Zagreus” will take 5 titan blood. Any other aspect will require 15-16 titan blood. Make sure you heavily consider which ones to maximize before doing so!
Weapon of Fate
- Clear an escape attempt with a hidden Weapon Aspect
To unlock hidden weapon aspects you’ll need to do the following:
- Acquire the Fated List
- Unlock 5 other weapon aspects (Aspect of Zagreus does not count)
- Reach the final boss once
- Continue speaking to Achilles until he discusses weapon aspects with you
Once you’ve unlocked the first hidden aspect you need to win a run with it. Be warned, this aspect isn’t great unless upgraded (in my opinion).
If you want a guide on unlocking the other hidden aspects, I recommend this[xd.adobe.com] one made by Opelit.
- Unlock all Weapon Aspects
- You’ll need a large amount of titan blood, plus all of the hidden aspects unlocked for this one.
Blessed by the Gods
- Choose 100 different Olympian Boon effects
- This should come naturally over time. You can use the fated list to see which boons you haven’t received from a god yet. When choosing a boon from a god, there will also be a check mark symbol next to boons you haven’t received yet. This does not require you to get every single boon in the game.
Friends in High Places
- Use Greater Call to invoke an Olympian’s aid
- Once you’ve received an aid ability from an Olympian, you’ll notice a yellow charge bar under your health. Fill up all four segments in a single encounter (easiest on bosses), and then use the aid ability to invoke a greater call.
Tools of the Architect
- Choose 50 different Daedalus Hammer enchantments
- Similarly to “Blessed by the Gods”, this should come naturally over time. You can use the fated list to see which enchantments you haven’t received yet. When choosing an enchantment , there will also be a check mark symbol next to enchantments you haven’t received yet. This does not require you to get every single enchantment in the game.
Back to Work
- Earn access to and enter the Administrative Chamber
- Once you’ve progressed the main story far enough the house contractor will sell the “Administrative Privilege” work order for 3 diamonds. Purchase it for this achievement.
- Pay for 50 jobs from the House Contractor
- As you progress further in the story, more and more jobs will be available to purchase at the contractor. If you’re curious what the individual unlock requirements are, you can consult the wiki here[hades.gamepedia.com].
Had to Happen
- Fulfill any 15 Prophecies
- Once you’ve unlocked the fated list at the house contractor you can begin completing the listed prophecies for various rewards. As you progress further in the story more prophecies will also become available.
End to Torment
- Fulfill the ‘End to Torment’ Prophecy
- Continue raising your favor with Sisyphus, and unlike the administrative chamber. Eventually you’ll be offered the ability to alter his contract with the house contractor for 6 diamonds.
Musician and Muse
- Fulfill the ‘Musician and Muse’ Prophecy
- Continue building your favor with Orpheus, Eurydice, and Nyx. You’ll also need to unlock the administrative chamber. Eventually you’ll be given the option to purchase an order from the contractor to change Orpheus’ contract.
Divided by Death
- Fulfill the ‘Divided by Death’ Prophecy
- Raise both Achilles’ and Patroclus’ favor, and unlock the administrative chamber. Eventually you’ll be given an order at the house contractor for 7 diamonds to complete the contract.
- Fulfill the ‘Dark Reflections’ Prophecy
- You’ll need to finish a run with each mirror of night talent to complete this prophecy. I’d recommend doing a low heat run with any traits you’re unfamiliar with.
Night and Darkness
- Fulfill the ‘Night and Darkness’ Prophecy
- Continue raising your favor with Nyx and Chaos, and unlock the administrative chamber. Eventually the house contractor will offer you a contract for 8888 darkness to complete this prophecy.
- Fulfill the ‘War-God’s Bloodlust’ Prophecy
- You’ll need to kill 10,000 enemies, then speak to Ares to complete this prophecy. If you want to check your progress you can purchase the scrying pool from the house contractor for your bedroom and use it.
The Useless Trinket
- Earn the first of Skelly’s prizes
- Once you’ve beaten the final boss you’ll unlock the pact of punishment. By selecting different modifiers in the pact you’ll have a total heat score for the run. If you interact with the covered statues at the bottom of his screen, Skelly will also mention that he’s had some prizes commissioned for you, but you need complete a high enough heat to earn them. The first prize requires a heat of 8.
Skelly’s Last Lamentations
- Earn the second of Skelly’s prizes
- Complete a 16 heat run for Skelly’s second prize. The achievement popped for me after I interacted with the third prize’s cover.
- Fulfill the ‘Slashed Benefits’ Prophecy
- To complete this prophecy you’ll need to play with the pact of punishment “Benefits Package” modifier until you’ve encountered one enemy with each modifier. You also need to win the run for any of your progress on the prophecy to count.
- Fulfill the ‘Harsh Conditions’ Prophecy
- Complete a run with each Pact of Punishment modifier. This does not have to be done in the same run. You can add multiple modifiers in one run to speed up your progress as well.
Champion of Elysium
- Clear Elysium with the ‘Extreme Measures’ Condition
- The Extreme Measures modifier in the pact of punishment makes each major boss harder. If you use the third level of this modifier and win, you’ll receive this achievement when you leave the boss room.
- Have at least one rank in each Mirror of Night Talent
- This will require you to amass enough darkness (3,265) to get all of the talents to rank 1. You can always use a couple of keys to reset your talents, get one rank in everything, then reset to your usual build.
- Beat Thanatos by 15 kills or more
- After your 22nd run you’ll start to have a random chance for Thanatos to appear and help you in a chamber. To beat him by 15 kills you should prioritize killing anything with a scythe above its head, or anything standing in his circle attack. Builds with strong AoE can also help with this.
Hold the Onions
- Clear an Infernal Gate without taking damage
- Once you’ve beaten the final boss and unlocked the contractor’s deluxe desk you can purchase the ability to find infernal gates for 2 diamonds. Infernal gates will then appear randomly on the first through third floors in your future runs. You need a certain amount of heat to enter each floor’s gate:
- Tartarus – 5 heat
- Asphodel – 10 heat
- Elysium – 15 heat
- After you’ve entered the infernal gate you need to kill all of the enemies without getting hit to earn your reward. If you do take damage you’ll be given an onion that heals 1hp.
- Catch a fish from each region
- Once you’ve reached the fourth floor, unlocked the fountain chambers in Tartarus, and have unlocked the fated list you should be unable to purchase a “Rod of Fishing” from the house contractor. Afterwards you’ll be able to find fishing spots throughout the game.
Each of the following regions can have fish:
- Greece (Thanks to Alma for this)
- Chaos (Hoid has let me know that they did not need a fish from Chaos’ realm for this achievement)
The achievement will pop once you’ve caught the final fish you need, and change rooms.
- Trade 20 times with the Wretched Broker
- The Wretched Broker is located in the lounge area of the house and will swap materials with you. You won’t have much of a use for keys in the mid- to late-game, and can swap 5 keys for one nectar, so I wouldn’t feel rushed to get this one.
- It’s also worth checking after each run to see what his rotating deal is. Once you’ve traded 20 times with the broker you’ll need to walk into your bedroom for the achievement to pop.
- Buy 9 ‘Well of Charon’ items in one escape attempt
- The Wells of Charon are the purple pools that act as mini-shops. You’re guaranteed to have a Well of Charon after each of the first three floors, and each well sells three items, meaning you can buy those 9 items. Otherwise you can keep an eye out for additional wells in each room.
Thorn of Thanatos
- Get 30% bonus damage with the Pierced Butterfly
- The Pierced Butterfly is Thanatos’ keepsake. To get bonus damage from the butterfly you’ll need to clear a room without taking any damage. If you upgrade the butterfly to rank 3 you get 2% damage per room, meaning you’ll need to clear 15 rooms without taking damage in one run. Getting Athena’s deflect/shield legendary boons will also make this easier for you to do.
- Keep in mind that only the final rooms at the end of each tunnel on the 4th floor count for powering up the butterfly.
Haste of Hermes
- Get 20% dodge chance with the Lambent Plume
- The Lambent Plume is Hermes’ keepsake. To get dodge chance from the plume you’ll need to clear a room “quickly” enough. The tricky part is that the timer changes based on each room, so just do your best to be as fast as possible. High damage and AoE builds will help you succeed.
- The plume grants you 1.2% dodge chance at rank 3, meaning you’ll need 17 rooms for this achievement.
Thanks, But No Thanks
- Purge a Legendary Boon
- You can purge boons at the red purging pools you find at the end of each floor, as well as in random chambers. Duo boons also count for this achievement.
- Use an Olympian’s Greater Call against them in a Trial
- A trial of the gods is a room where two boons are offered, you pick one, and the other god attacks you for spurning them. You’ll need to spurn a god when you have their aid ability.
- Building up a full greater call can be tough without the Hermes and/or Poseidon boons to build up your charge bar before you kill all the enemies. One way you can cheese this is to do a trial in Elysium with the warriors who respawn as eyeballs. You can leave one alive and continue to build up your charge bar until you have a greater call.
To Charon’s Credit
- Earn a Loyalty Card
- Charon has a chance to have a sack of 300 coins sitting behind him. If you take the sack you’ll be teleported to an arena where you have to fight Charon for stealing from him. If you win the fight you’ll earn a loyalty card from him (for that run). The Charon fight can be tough on the earlier floors.
Written by: JerichoDukes